Project “Support for fire safety measures in local government general education institutions”
Overall objective: of the project is to improve children safety in case of fire incidents in general education institutions in peripheral and disadvantaged regions of Latvia.
The purpose of the project is to increase safety in local government general education institutions where children stay in the overnight accommodation. The project partners are 61 local governments in peripheral and disadvantaged regions of Latvia.
Main objective - implementation of fire safety systems in 137 general educational institutions.
Implementation period - 01.02.2012. - 31.07.2014.
- Implementation of automatic fire detection and alarm signalization system
- Implementation of automatic voice fire alarm system
- Implementation of illuminated exit and fire escape direction signs
- Improved safety in general education institutions
- Increased awareness and knowledge about danger and fire safety, Swiss experience
- Implementation of necessary fire safety systems according to the safety needs in general education institutions of local governments
- Established institutional partnership between Swiss and Latvian fire safety organizations
Cooperation Insurance and Institution of Fire Safety and Natural Disasters Prevention of the Canton of Vaud of Switzerland.
The project implementation monitoring and control is provided by the Ministry for Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia.