The State Regional Development Agency announces The European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism 2009 -2014 Programme’s "National Climate Policy" open call "Emission reduction technologies including renewable energy, sustainable buildings and technology development".
The objective of the open call activity is to introduce and demonstrate low carbon solutions such as energy effective technologies for buildings, renewable energy production and other technologies that allow the of CO2 emission reduction in Latvia.
The Programme’s target groups are: state institutions, local governments, scientific and educational institutions, private enterprises and non-governmental organizations.
The Open call supported areas are:
- Implementation of energy efficiency measures and installation of renewable energy technologies by performing construction of low-energy buildings, as well as reconstruction of existing buildings;
- Use of renewable energy technologies for heat and electricity production;
- Establishment, testing and demonstrating of innovative products and technologies for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in non-Emissions Trading System.
Total Programme co-financing available for the implementation of open call projects is EUR 5,000,000. For the support area I the minimum amount of Programme grant assistance is EUR 175 000, maximum EUR 1 000 000; for the use of renewable energy technologies for heat and electricity production projects minimum amount of Programme grant assistance is EUR 175 000, maximum EUR 500 000; for the innovative technologies and solutions for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in non-Emissions Trading System the minimum amount of Programme grant assistance is EUR 175 000, maximum EUR 300 000.
Guidelines for applicant for filling the project application form will be placed in the State Regional Development Agency’s web site (www.vraa.gov.lv) no later than three months before the deadline of call for proposal.
The deadline for submission of project applications is October 8, 2014, at 17:00 local time.
Projects shall be submitted no earlier than August 11, 2014.
Applications can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Submitted by hand-delivery or by post to: State Regional Development Agency of Latvia, Elizabetes Street 19, Riga, Latvia, LV-1010 (in one paper copy with an enclosed identical electronic copy in data storage)
- One electronic copy signed with a secure electronic signature and certified with a time-stamp submitted by e-mail addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with reference “Open call “Emission reduction technologies including renewable energy, sustainable buildings and technology development”).
Project application preparation guidance seminar will be held on the June, 2014. Further information will be published in The State Regional Development Agency website www.vraa.gov.lv.
Project applicants may send queries to The State Regional Development Agency’s e-mail address (email@example.com) with a note – “Question on Open Call”. The deadline for sending queries to the agency’s e-mail address is 10 working days before the end of the project submission period.
New! Approved projects